I’m so excited to make one of my favorite pasta dishes for the 4th of July! This is so festive because it has the colors of red, white…and all you need to do is incorporate some blue around the table. My napkins have stripes of blue in them but really any pop of the color blue anywhere will work just fine!
A great side to the BBQ you’ll be grilling and if you feel like going vegetarian you’re going to want to make this in addition to your other favorite recipes and sides.
What are you making for the 4th of July?
Mozzarella, Tomato, and Black Olive Pasta
- 1 pound bow tie pasta (or pasta of your choice)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves, torn
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, diced (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1 cup, diced, black olives
1) Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender. Drain pasta into a large bowl.
2) In a medium skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute for about 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes, salt, and pepper. As the tomatoes cook smash them with a fork or use a potato masher. Continue to cook until the tomatoes make a chunky style sauce. Add black olives and cook with tomatoes for about 2 minutes. Transfer the tomato sauce to the bowl with the pasta. Toss to combine. Add the basil leaves and mozzarella stirring while you add. Serve immediately.
Makes about 4 servings.